Madden 10 PS2 league
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 10 PS2 league

welcome to the Madden 2010 league

HomeHome  Madden 10 LeaguMadden 10 Leagu  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

League Rules

Go down 
+6
ALC
RedAger
DenverBroncosFranchise
salinas49erfan
beaufortSC24
ImIt008
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beaufortSC24

beaufortSC24

Number of posts : 13
NFL Draft Points :
League Rules - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100League Rules - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-16

League Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: here's how i see it   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:14 pm

my take on the rules so far.

5 minute quarters: cool

No excessive running of clock early on: makes sense with only 20 minutes of game time, wasting 3 or 4 minutes per series
isn't really fair.

No punt/kick block: if there is a way to all but guarantee success, then it's a glitch. otherwise just come out in standard punt
or kick block and play the odds.

No excessive hurry up offense unless behind and attempting to come back: really doesn't bother me except on incomplete
passes or out of bounds plays. any time the
clock stops, you shouldn't no huddle.

No quick pass: i default to ImIt008 on this one, he's got it right.

No excessive squib kicks or short high kicks...: it's just annoying when my guy won't go anywhere near the ball

another rule i would suggest is limiting the number of audibles and formation shifts during one play. i have yet to see any team have their guys running around like their hairs' on fire, back and forth, all trying to fool the AI. sure, one or two changes, and as many hot routes as you have time for, but mass migration? just my opinion

i am really stoked about this league, as it is my first. i want it to be as good as possible, and will do anything to help achieve that goal. looking forward to some great games. ( sorry to be so long )
Back to top Go down
RedAger

Number of posts : 36
NFL Draft Points :
League Rules - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100League Rules - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 pm

beaufortSC24 wrote:
my take on the rules so far.

5 minute quarters: cool

No excessive running of clock early on: makes sense with only 20 minutes of game time, wasting 3 or 4 minutes per series
isn't really fair.

No punt/kick block: if there is a way to all but guarantee success, then it's a glitch. otherwise just come out in standard punt
or kick block and play the odds.

No excessive hurry up offense unless behind and attempting to come back: really doesn't bother me except on incomplete
passes or out of bounds plays. any time the
clock stops, you shouldn't no huddle.

No quick pass: i default to ImIt008 on this one, he's got it right.

No excessive squib kicks or short high kicks...: it's just annoying when my guy won't go anywhere near the ball

another rule i would suggest is limiting the number of audibles and formation shifts during one play. i have yet to see any team have their guys running around like their hairs' on fire, back and forth, all trying to fool the AI. sure, one or two changes, and as many hot routes as you have time for, but mass migration? just my opinion

i am really stoked about this league, as it is my first. i want it to be as good as possible, and will do anything to help achieve that goal. looking forward to some great games. ( sorry to be so long )

You seem pretty built for league given your take on rules. Personally I think the rules we have set in place are pretty good and are where we need to go with them. Minimal rules for fun, only thing we stop is the retardedness like glitching.
Back to top Go down
DenverBroncosFranchise

DenverBroncosFranchise

Number of posts : 41
NFL Draft Points :

Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm

RedAger wrote:
Don't forget position changes, no WR to TE unless it is like 84 or less speed, no LB to DE/DT is probably where I would keep it.

I don't know about Defensive Ends and Linebackers. A lot of them are interchangeable in a 3-4 scheme. I don't see the problem with substituting where ever you want. Seems like part of creating a good strategy around your team to me.
Back to top Go down
RedAger

Number of posts : 36
NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:38 pm

DenverBroncosFranchise wrote:
RedAger wrote:
Don't forget position changes, no WR to TE unless it is like 84 or less speed, no LB to DE/DT is probably where I would keep it.

I don't know about Defensive Ends and Linebackers. A lot of them are interchangeable in a 3-4 scheme. I don't see the problem with substituting where ever you want. Seems like part of creating a good strategy around your team to me.

Subbing through the depth chart is fine IMO as the players take an awareness hit, but being able to put LBs at DE/DT defeats the purpose of drafting some of the faster better DEs
Back to top Go down
ImIt008
Admin
ImIt008

Number of posts : 84
NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Position changes i guess we will make a decision thing when that comes time. I don`t think WR`s should be changed to TE because a WR like DeSean Jackson would eat up any LB that tries to cover him.

Beauforts i like the no excessive audibling. Like you can audible on every play if you want but you shouldn`t audible 5 times on a play or something because thats pretty cheesy
Back to top Go down
beaufortSC24

beaufortSC24

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:49 pm

i agree, the rules should be kept to a minimum, just so the dumb stuff doesn't affect the overall game. as for position changes, i don't have a problem with subs done through the coaching options. hey, didn't the fridge score a td in the superbowl. but trying to exploit the cpu by switching positions is not something i would be in favor of.
Back to top Go down
ImIt008
Admin
ImIt008

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Thats been the main point of my rules is too keep from exploiting the game and at the same time keep it fun
Back to top Go down
beaufortSC24

beaufortSC24

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:59 pm

can't ask for more than that, and thank you for all the time and effort you are putting into this. my offer stands, anything i can do to help
Back to top Go down
ImIt008
Admin
ImIt008

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Franchise   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 pm

beaufortSC24 wrote:
can't ask for more than that, and thank you for all the time and effort you are putting into this. my offer stands, anything i can do to help

For now i`m good but when midterms come for me and if/when we are playing games then i may need someone to do the sim games for a block of games but other than that i think i can handle it
Back to top Go down
beaufortSC24

beaufortSC24

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:02 pm

no problem, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
ALC

Number of posts : 32
NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:41 pm

I think the quick pass rule stinks and here is why if your offense is made up of slants and out and you are hot routing to get an edge on the defense then why are you being penalized. So what you are supposed to stand in the pocket and be a crash dummy for the defense. If your qb has a quick released then you shouldnt be told that you are cheating when you are waiting for your wideout to get open and then throw once they are open or close to being open. It would be differnt if you hike and threw that is a quick pass but if you drop back and wait to wideout is open then threw to try to complete the pass this isnt a quick pass. But some of our members think this is a quick pass when in essence you are running a pro set offense like in the nfl. Not only that a guy shouldnt be allow to drop back his qb more than a few yards instead of taking the 10-15 yard drop so he want get his qb sack this is wrong as well. It seem that the rules need to be revise and have a input from every one not just a chosen few. ALC
Back to top Go down
DenverBroncosFranchise

DenverBroncosFranchise

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 pm

You can cry for a league vote, ALC, but you're going to lose.
Back to top Go down
ImIt008
Admin
ImIt008

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Franchise   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 pm

ALC wrote:
I think the quick pass rule stinks and here is why if your offense is made up of slants and out and you are hot routing to get an edge on the defense then why are you being penalized. So what you are supposed to stand in the pocket and be a crash dummy for the defense. If your qb has a quick released then you shouldnt be told that you are cheating when you are waiting for your wideout to get open and then throw once they are open or close to being open. It would be differnt if you hike and threw that is a quick pass but if you drop back and wait to wideout is open then threw to try to complete the pass this isnt a quick pass. But some of our members think this is a quick pass when in essence you are running a pro set offense like in the nfl. Not only that a guy shouldnt be allow to drop back his qb more than a few yards instead of taking the 10-15 yard drop so he want get his qb sack this is wrong as well. It seem that the rules need to be revise and have a input from every one not just a chosen few. ALC

FYI i opened up the floor for everyones input so. ALC btw you don`t look for open WR. I know this from playing you. You were playin catch with my DBs cus i triple covered the WR that i was willing to bet a million dollars you were throwin too. I have a questioon for you. Was it odd that the WR you threw to was covered by 3 guys? It`s cus you don`t do what you preach. You can have a vote on whatever you want but i can guarentee majority would say don`t allow any quick passing which we allow a lil now so you will probably move backwards with your efforts but go for it
Back to top Go down
ALC

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:50 am

THAT DOSNT MAKE IT RIGHT THE RULES ARE STACK AGAINST A OFFENSE PLAYER AND BASICLY GIVE THE DEFENSE PLAYERS FREE REIN EVEN THOURGH YOU STAND IN THE POCKET DONT RUN ALL AROUND THE FIELD TRYING TO COMPLETE PASS BUT STILL YOU ARE BEING PENALIZE FOR DOING SO. NOT ONLY THAT THE DECK IS STACK AGAINST YOU JUST LIKE YOU SAID A GUY COULD PUT TRIPLE COVERAGE ON YOUR HOTTEST WIDEOUT. THUS LEAVING YOU A SITTING DUCK. THE RULES SHOULD HAVE CHECKS AND BALANCES AND THIS RULE FAVORS THE ONLINE PLAYER WITH DEFENSE SKILLS AND TRICKS AND OFFENSE PLAYER IS LEFT TO TAKE LUMPS JUST TO MASSAGES THAT PLAYER EGO AND BECOME ANOTHER NOTCH ON HIS RECORD. IT SEEMS ALL THOSE WHO PLAY CONSTANTLY ONLINE IS IN AGREEMENT WITH THIS NOT THAT IT MAKES IT RIGHT. ALC
Back to top Go down
ALC

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:01 am

NOT ONLY THAT IMIT ARENT YOU A RANK PLAYER ONLINE THEN YOUR GAME WAS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN MINE HANDS DOWN. BUT YOU RESULTED IN TRIPLING MY WIDEOUTS THUS PUTTING THE GAME IN YOUR FAVOR YOU WERE THERE TO MAKE A POINT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. OK POINT WAS MADE. I DONT PLAY ONLINE LIKE MOST OF YOU,YOU SEEM TO PLAY WITH THE PASSION TO COMPETE AND BE THE BEST AT ALL COST NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO DO IT OR WALK THOURGH TO GET IT DONE. BUT IM NOT HERE JUST TO BE A NOTCE ON YOUR RECORD IM HERE TO COMPETE JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU SO IF WHAT I DO IS A PROBLEM THEN LET ME KNOW BUT IM STILL HERE TO COMPETE AS LONG AS IM HERE ALC
Back to top Go down
Dannys559
Admin
Dannys559

NFL Draft Points :
League Rules - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100League Rules - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 am

ok what was said is that you quick pass almost every play which is stupid and we are trying to have more of a simulation league here. he said u would just snap the ball and to the wr and since you have like three 6'5 wrs its hard to stop unless u put like 3 guys on them both and it is a type of glitch cause your taking advantage of the AI. i would say it would be ok if u did quick slants or quick in out routes but what u may be doing is stupid and if u do it ever play it takes away from even playing the game cause whats the point of playing D if your gonna see the same O play ever down.
Back to top Go down
https://maddenleague09.forumotion.com
DenverBroncosFranchise

DenverBroncosFranchise

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:08 am

Pretty sure its not impossible to run an offense without quick passing if ImIt and others are scoring 80 points a game.

Last edited by DenverBroncosFranchise on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImIt008
Admin
ImIt008

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Franchise   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:07 am

ALC do you know how hard it is to triple cover a WR that is downfield? It`s damn near impossible without having a blown coverage somewhere else. I only made my statement to prove that you don`t just throw the ball when a guy gets open you have quick passing as your offensive gameplan. Also i`m averaging 69.5 points per game in the chise without quick passing or breaking any of the other rules. If thats not proof enough that you don`t need to quick pass to run an O then just wow.
Back to top Go down
rodneynewsr

Number of posts : 24
NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Honestly---truely what does it treally matter in the end if he or anyone else does this so-called QuickPass----in fact, what the fuck is a quick pass anyways..I hear all about it and all, and I have not yet had a game ruined by it--or it it was, the quick pass was simply the icing on the cake of the FACT that I truely SUCK irregardless.
yea, I can say that if majority rules one way or another that SHOULD be the RULE OF THUMB---yet with that, there are in real life as there should be here some scenarios where the RULES can be slightly altered to the BETTERMENT of the league overall--be inclusive of all members yet be done so NOT to destraut gthe efforts of others. A very fine line between what is right and what is wrong...
try this--see how this holds water..here me out ok......

Do NOT ALLOW any kind of "QUICK PASS" or whatever it is he is doing that irks peeps in the FIRST QUARTER of any game, no matter if he is winning or losing for that matter.....This will FORCE him , and everyone, for atlleast the 1st quarter to play basically sim ball like MOST perfer.
But, allow him or anyone else to do this QuickPass or deep drop or far out rollout or what the fuck ever as much as he or anyone else desires STARTING with the 1st play in the SECOND QUARTER--------------IF LOSING!!!! There you go, can NOT be done at all in 1st quarter, and can NOT be done at all anytime in game if TIED or winning--only IF LOSING the game. Down by one or 60, do all you want...Tied or up by atleast 1, FORGET about it!@!!!
***EXCEPTIONS should be made for obvious scenarios , such as INSIDE the opponents 15 yards line. I can NOT understand how ANY TRUE BALLER can honestly CRY about any pass attempt--even a QUICK PASS, if at or near the goal--afterall, what should the offense do--allow a sack or allow n otherwise open reciever get COVERED? certainly not!! I say, inside 15 at ANY TIME of game, NO MATTER if winning, Tied, or LOSING is "a" OK.....Can not see how that would not be sim ball...Maybe Im off, because I do not know how to do it or belive it has really even ever ben done to me...Now--that said, i reserve the right to CHANGE MY MIND once someone shows me an example or two of this screamed about QUICK PASS!!!
Does what i propose sound resonable , or have I hit the ceiling with my dumbassness????? Either way, i think the BIG BENEFIT from all this is that we are COMMUNICATING and negiotiating an ENDS to the issue as opposed to simply crying and dropping out league ruining the league for everyone altogether. More important to KEEP the lesser opponents, I promise you this is TRUE!!!
Back to top Go down
ALC

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:54 pm

I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING HERE BECAUSE IM BEING LABEL A CHEATER A LIAR AND YET IM THE ONE WHO WENT TO BAT TO TRY TO GET THE LEAGUE GOING . NOT ONLY THAT YOUR BROTHER PICK A WHOLE LOT OF GOOD WIDEOUTS AND NOTHING WAS SAID BUT YOU WANT TO RAIN ON MY PARADE BECAUSE I PICK GUYS WHO CAN GO GET IT. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO TELL MY OFFENSE AND YET IM BEING PENALIZE FOR RUNNING IT AND THEN BEING LIE ON . NOT ONLY THAT I DONT HIKE THE BALL AND THROW IT I ALLOW MY WIDEOUT TO GET OPEN AND IT NOT MT FAULT THAT MY QB IS ACCURATE. THIS STINKS AGAIN PLAIN AND SIMPLE THE MAIN GUYS COMPLAIN ARE THE ONES WHO PLAY ONLINE EVERYDAY AND PROABLY 3 TIMES ON SUNDAYS. AGAIN THIS ISNT BEING DONE RIGHT THE OFFENSE PLAY IS BEING HELD DOWN BUT IT OK TO USE TRICK PLAYS HUGE DROP BACKS AND ROLLING OUT AND EITHER PASSING OR RUNNING. LAST BUT NOT LEAST I SEE THAT ONLY CERTAIN PLAYERS GET HEARD MY SIDE OF THE STORY WAS A MOOT ISSUSE IT JUST PUZZLE ME I WAS NEVER ASK TO DEFEND MYSELF AND YET IM SUPPOSE TO BE ON THE BOARD OR CO COMMINSER YEA RIGHT. ALL YOU DID IS TAKE SALINAS SIDE YOU DIDNT GIVE A DAM ABOUT MY SIDE YOU SIDE WITH HIM RIGHT OFF THE BAT. BUT THAT FAIR YOU DID A HELLVA JOB THE COMMINSER OR CEO IS SUPPOSED TO FAIR AND UNBIAS INSTEAD YOU SHOW YOUR REAL COLORS THANKS A LOT ALC
Back to top Go down
ImIt008
Admin
ImIt008

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:54 pm

alc real talk you may be the dumbest most ignorant person i`ve ever seen. I played you i know you don`t go by the rules. The rules are to keep from exploiting the game. Rolling out is easily stopped. Also why complain about players someone takes? I don`t care who the hell you have on your team. Also alc as i said before from my experience playing you that no you don`t wait for a player to get open you just throw it. So if your gonna be a fucking dumbass and say you wait for the player to get open then you are a liar because i am speaking from the experience of playing your cheesy ass.
Back to top Go down
superstar3

superstar3

Number of posts : 27
NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:09 pm

[quote="ALC"] NOT ONLY THAT YOUR BROTHER PICK A WHOLE LOT OF GOOD WIDEOUTS AND NOTHING WAS SAID /quote]

Is this because you couldn't draft lance moore? Dude cry me a fucking river, and stop fucking typing in all capital letters you have to be the most annoying person in this league hands down; and for goodness stop fucking lieing that you wait and let your wr's get open holy hell i watched you play my bro one time it was (hut and throw in not even a second). By the way if you want to complain about my wr's you had every opportunity to draft them with maybe the exception of maybe Brandon Marshall but i do not remember what pick you had.
Back to top Go down
ALC

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:09 am

You know the problem that I have with this and that is you only heard one side of the story his. In the rules it stated no punt and kick block but every time I went to punt or kick and extra point salinas was trying to block my stuff. But did I complain i play on it seems like the rules have a floating scale they are only apply when you need them to help you out but as far as being follow then you are at your own lesire. All I ever here from you is you play me and you did this and you know my game and im a cheater and im cheesy. Seems to me you should know, look how you play the game basicaly you try to dog players out to let them know that your skills are on a differnt level. They should be arent you a level 6 or isnt that your rep. All you have done is put down my game and the way i play you have sent the messages out loud and clear that if you play ALC he is a cheater. Thanks for sticking a fork in me and ruin my madden name and game. Inclosing this is my final statement let the chips fall where they may I will play out my games if allow and if not then so be it ALC
Back to top Go down
DenverBroncosFranchise

DenverBroncosFranchise

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:06 am

ALC wrote:
You know the problem that I have with this and that is you only heard one side of the story his. In the rules it stated no punt and kick block but every time I went to punt or kick and extra point salinas was trying to block my stuff. But did I complain i play on it seems like the rules have a floating scale they are only apply when you need them to help you out but as far as being follow then you are at your own lesire. All I ever here from you is you play me and you did this and you know my game and im a cheater and im cheesy. Seems to me you should know, look how you play the game basicaly you try to dog players out to let them know that your skills are on a differnt level. They should be arent you a level 6 or isnt that your rep. All you have done is put down my game and the way i play you have sent the messages out loud and clear that if you play ALC he is a cheater. Thanks for sticking a fork in me and ruin my madden name and game. Inclosing this is my final statement let the chips fall where they may I will play out my games if allow and if not then so be it ALC

Then play your games because we're waiting on you.
Back to top Go down
ALC

NFL Draft Points :

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:02 am

Every time I go to play a league member they are either playing someone else or they arent online. I have pm rodney 4 to 5 times and have left my number to call so we can play our game. He hasnt hit me back yet and po10ial isnt online and when he was he was always playing somebody. I dont have who has the team or my schedule but to say that im inactive man what else. ALC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Rules   League Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Rules
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next